Distribution 2.1 of the NIDA Cocaine Dependence Genetics Initiative contains 2163 subjects in 881 families from Studies 7 and 13, counting dummy connector records. N=1279 subjects have blood samples. Distribution 2.1 differs from 2.0 by an updated interview file; all the distribution variables are identical to 2.0.
Distribution 2.2 conformed the data to a common template, no data values were changed.
Distribution 2.3 added plasma_id, no other data values changed.
Distribution 2.4 was updated to standardize the order of columns in the distribution file; also
DNG were updated.
- Distribution file. Obligate No. Study 13 dependence variables code 2 = “Obligate no” means that the item must be coded “no” because of responses to other items; eg. subject responds “never smoked”, therefore nicotine dependence must be “No”. Study 7 dependence variables did not distinguish between obligatory “no” and unaffected status.
- Distribution File. Study 7. For families with multiple sibs, created dummy connector parent records with father_id = “D11” and mother_id=”D12”.
- Distribution File. Study 7. PCP dependence, hallucinogen dependence, and Study 7 Other dependence coded as Other dep.
- Distribution File. Study 7. Recoded individual race as follows: ALASKAN NATIVE/ESKIMO/ALEUT, AMERICAN INDIAN → Others ASIAN OR ASIAN-AMERICAN → Asian BLACK/AFRICAN AMERICAN → African-American LATINO OR HISPANIC → Hispanic MIDDLE EASTERN → Others PACIFIC ISLANDER → Asian WHITE, CAUCASIAN, EURO-AMERICAN NOT OF LATINO ORIGIN → White BIRACIAL OR MULTIRACIAL → Others OTHER → Others
- Pedigree drawings. Shading of pedigree symbols. Full shading = cocaine dependence. ¾ shading = other illicit drug dep (opioid, stimulant, sedative, marijuana, other), ½ shading = alcohol dep, ¼ shading = tobacco dep.
- Distribution file. Age for Study 13 is “current age” while Study 7 age was calculated from year of birth and date of Rutgers blood sample.
- Interview file. Study 7. Excel workbook is saved in Excel 2007 *.xlsx format.